Image: Niantic/The Pokémon Company
pokemon goMay 2022 Community Day will feature Alolan Geodude, developer Niantic announced Monday, giving Alolan Rock Pokémon fans their own day to shine. The Alolan Geodude Community Day will take place on Saturday, May 21, from 11 am to 2 pm local time. Niantic shortened the Community Day window in April from six hours to three with the classic Mudkip event.
Alolan Geodude Community Day will provide the following bonuses:
- Alolan Golem with fast attack cast can be learned by evolving an Alolan Graveler
- 3× Catch Stardust, 2× Catch Candy, 3hr Lure Mod Duration, and 3hr Incense Duration
- Double chance to get Geodude Candy XL when catching Alolan Geodude
- An additional special trade during the event, or up to two hours after
- 50% less stardust for trades made during the event, or up to two hours after
Expect Alolan Geodude to appear brilliant at enhanced rates. Niantic will also be selling a Community Day-exclusive special research story, “A Rocky Road,” which costs $1. New for May Community Day is the ability for players to gift this Research Story Ticket special to a friend.
Alolan Geodude is the third Pokémon from the Alola region to appear in a pokemon go Community Day as part of the current Alola season of the game. Stufful, the Flailing Pokémon, was introduced during Community Day last weekend in April. Strangely, unlike February’s Community Day with Sandshrew, it appears that Niantic is only introducing the Alolan form of Rock Pokemon. Kanto’s original Geodude form has not been featured in a community day to date.